Allen Community Outreach (ACO) is seeking a Communications Specialist for a part-time (30 hours) position. The Communications Specialist will assist with internal and external communication projects, including: newsletters, website content, social media, e-blasts and media relations. This individual will work collaboratively with members of the Fund Development department to assist with special events and communication initiatives, and to write, edit and produce newsletters, annual reports, and collateral marketing materials for a variety of audiences. This position will work closely with the Fund Development Director to develop and implement an integrated communications and fundraising plan.
- Provide strategic and effective content for ACO website, social media profiles, press releases, newsletters, annual report, testimonials and letters.
- Write, design and coordinate distribution of ACO collateral marketing materials.
- Build and maintain media relations.
- Assist with Community Outreach and Fund Development efforts through storytelling in writing, video editing (a plus) and presentations.
- Support other ACO teams and organization activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism or Marketing with 3-5+ years of experience, preferably.
- Self-starter, friendly, creative and forward thinker.
- Proficient in social media, networking website user and familiar with digital communication strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, attention to detail and strong storytelling.
- Experience with SEO, research and nonprofit communications best-practices.
- Customer service and good phone etiquette.
- Strong technical skills and proficient in Microsoft Office suite, (Adobe Acrobat or Creative Suite a plus), Constant Contact, and electronic communications technologies.
- Fundraising experience preferred.
*Email cover letter, resume and 2 writing samples to email@example.com
About Allen Community Outreach
Since 1985, Allen Community Outreach (ACO) has been helping transform lives by providing essential free human and social services for families facing financial crisis in the northeast area of Collin County. ACO provides counseling and job assistance, computer and financial literacy, professional development and GED classes, medical assistance and SNAP/CHIP/Medicaid application assistance, referrals, rent and utility assistance, clothing from the ACO Resale Shops, food and cleaning supplies through the Food Pantry, summer food program for kids, holiday food baskets and Christmas adopt a child, teen or senior. For more information, please visit the website at www.acocares.org.
801 E Main Street
Allen, Texas 75002
You may contact this poster using the form on this page.