As part of a national tour, David and Susan Schwartz will be making a stop at the Allen Public Library at 7:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 23. Prepare for an entertaining and inspiring discussion of all things Costco, along with insider tips and tricks as they celebrate the release of their new book, The Joy of Costco: A Treasure Hunt from A to Z.
During this fun and entertaining evening, David and Susan Schwartz will share:
- Their wild adventure of visiting over 200 Costco’s in 46 US States and thirteen countries.
- Entertaining behind-the-scenes stories where they were given unprecedented access.
- Insider tips and tricks to scouring the best deals and items!
- Why do they believe Costco inspires such devoted fans and employees?
- After visiting hundreds of Costco’s - including internationally - what are some of the unique things they came across in different parts of the world?
- As well as many more fun facts like:
- Costco sells more than half of the world’s cashews.
- They sell seven times more hotdogs than all US baseball stadiums combined.
- When Costco changed its source of salmon from Chile to Norway it impacted the economies of both countries.
- Costco sells six million pumpkin pies each year, but only between September and December.
- Costco also sells caskets and Coffins –at great prices!
David is the author of Enrico Fermi, The Last Man Who Knew Everything: The Life and Times of Enrico Fermi, Father of the Nuclear Age. Susan formerly worked for
Nabisco and General Foods. After leaving corporate America, she worked freelance making TV commercials for thirteen years.
The library is located at 300 N. Allen Dr. Call 214-509-4911 for additional information.